The OCuLUS cluster provides three types of filesystems:
- A shared file system located on an external filer, hosting HOME, PC2DATA, and PC2SCRATCH.
- A cluster local, parallel file system (BeeGFS) using the Infiniband network, hosting PC2PFS.
- Node local disks.
The BeeGFS 7.1.4 parallel file system has a capacity of 500TB. It comprises:
- 2 Metadata servers each with a RAID10 array to store the BeeGFS metadata.
- The two Metadata servers are in a BeeGFS Buddy mirror group (if one Metadata server fails the remaining will take over).
- 7 Storage servers each with 4 RAID 60 arrays wheras each array is assembled in 2 RAID6 arrays and then striped.
- All compute and frontend nodes are connected via Infiniband to the Storage servers.
We provide environment variables which point to the different directories. They are set automatically.
The quota and used storage of your project for the different file systems is shown in the output of pc2status.
|Points to||Purpose|| Initial
|HOME||Absolute path to PC² wide home directoy.||permanent, small data, per user||5GB||Yes|
|PC2DATA||Absolute path to the PC2² wide group data directories. Mounted read-only on the compute nodes and read-write on the frontends.||permanent, data, per group||requested on application||Yes|
|PC2PFS||Absolute path to OCULUS group scratch directories on BeeGFS.||temporary, scratch data, per group||requested on application||No|
|PC2SCRATCH||Absolute path to the PC2² wide group scratch directories. Mounted read-write on the compute nodes and the frontends.||temporary, scratch data, per group||requested on application||No|
|PC2SW||Absolute path to the OCULUS software directories||pre-installed software, read only||-||Yes|
|Absolute path to the node local disks||temporary, created by WLM||250GB||No|